Saturday, July 25, 2009

you have a giant hole in your life.

let me let you in on a little secret. i recently discovered that a part of my life has been missing, and being the sharing person that i am....i will share my secret with you so you will not have a giant hole in your own life, as i did merely weeks prior to this blog.

eclairs. over. the. fire.

WHAT? you say?

i repeat: eclairs. over. the. fire.

OH BABY! heaven in your mouth and down your chin, and possibly on your shirt.
seriously. so. delish.

here are the instructions:

HOW TO FILL THE GIANT HOLE IN YOUR LIFE/COOKING AN ECLAIR OVER THE FIRE

STEP 1:
go to home depot and buy a wooden dowel that is approx an inch in diameter.....if you ask them if they have them, they will ask you "what for?", and you will tell them that it is a mere piece of lumbar that will complete your life.....ok, seriously though, the lady asked me what i wanted it for, and i told her it was to cook a biscuit over the fire and she looked at me like i was CA-RAZY....whatev...i get that look all the time from family and friends ALL the time....didn't faze me. anyway....purchase a dowel. its about 3 bucks....you might want to get more if there are more people partaking of the goodness.

STEP 2:
go to your local market and purchase chocolate frosting, vanilla pudding (i got the fun snack packs) and those crazy shot gun biscuits....i don't know what they are really called.....the biscuits in the roll that you open and it sounds like a shot gun and it makes you want to scream everytime you open them......ya, you want those.

STEP 3:
build a fire. cook some hot dogs and let it die down to smoldering coals.....














STEP 4:
rather than explain in words, here is a video that shows you how.

STEP 5:
cook slowly over a fire--BE PATIENT....didn't your mom ever tell you good things come to those who wait? it is true in this instance....yes, she was right, cook until the biscuit comes off easily from dowel














STEP 6:
fill hole with approx 1/2 snack pack pudding. this is symbolic of the hole that has been present in your life without ever partaking of an eclair. then frost the top or side or a portion of the filled eclair.

STEP 7:
eat. now you can die happy....














dan....you have a piece of heaven on your chin....


also, we did sparklers last night with nova. she loved them....and apparently so did dan from the look on his face right here.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

It makes me want to build a fire and try one (and I will) but more than that I want to give a hug to that little girl enjoying the sparklers! Please kiss her for me.

the ginabean said...

That's a lot of steps, Suzanne. -What if I'm not a fan of eclairs anyway? I like to pretend I like them, but every time I take a bite, I just can't finish, and can barely force myself to swallow what's already in my mouth. Should I still try one roasted? :)

Nova gets cuter every post...

Andersen said...

we made eclairs over a fire this past weekend at our family reunion. It was a hit. Fun times

Pete n Desi Worle said...

Sue your little family is so cute! I feel like i haven't seen or talked to you in ages! How are things?

Carmel said...

Suzy
I'm sooo excited to try your eclairs!!! thanks for sharing and as usual, you always leave us smiling!!!!

your fav aunt Carmel

Steven and Whitney said...

I have always known that I had a hole in my life, but I never knew what was missing. Thank you so much for helping me.