Monday, May 16, 2011

7 long years

let me tell you a story. about 7 years ago my good friend ryan introduced me to the CD wicked. he gave me the CD on the grounds that he knew i would love it and one of the songs in there reminded him of me. he played the song 'dancing through life' and from that moment in the crestwood lounge in rexburg idaho, i wanted to see the broadway musical wicked......

7 LONG years......and......

this weekend i went to WICKED with my mom and sisters! it. was. awe. SOME! i have a secret desire to perform on stage, and secretly wished i was there alone so that i could stand up and sing and dance and cheer spontaneously. but, i held myself back. i have such an appreciation for people who can make that much sound with their vocal chords.....and have it sound good. really good. because lets be real, put me on a stage with a microphone, a costume and a green painted face and i could probably make loud sounds too, but it definitely wouldn't sound good....but it would be funny right?

anyway, here are the highlights from our 24 hour adventure to boise:

-olive garden.....do i need to say anything more? yum!
-heather, natalie, my aunt robin, and my mom. need i say more? some of the best people on this planet.
-lots of snacks....which may have not been a highlight--the fact that i am running a half marathon this saturday may make me think less of this as a highlight.
-jumping on the hotel bed, and catching my mom do it on video. funniest thing ever.
-staying up late, laughing and talking, but trying not to wake up nat's little boy archer
-archer. the squeeziest baby ever
-pier one imports and all things bright and beautiful in that store......
-a husband who was as excited for me to go and have some 'mom and sister-time' and watched nova, and did all of her pku-feeding business so i didn't have to worry about it.
-a dans mom and family for helping entertain nova--i don't think she was even aware that i was gone for 24 hours
-learning that my map navigation skills are way totally awesome.
-wicked
-wicked
-wicked

jumpin on the hotel bed to show our excitement

even my mom was a sport.


heather

and natalieand at the show...oh, and did i mention it was awesome? oh i did? ok, because it was but honestly, the these women right here and that i was with, are even better, which is saying something....

3 comments:

James and Melony said...

I love Wicked too! I'm so glad you had fun! I bet it was worth the wait!

Margaret said...

It was an awesome weekend! The musical was wonderful and the company the best. Note to my daughters: I love you!!

Jordon and Terra said...

I have been wanting to see that show for a LONG time too! And I just went and saw it in Spokane this last weekend! And I have to say I agree with you, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! So glad you got to see it! And the beginning of that post made me miss Rexburg a lot. If that was 7 years ago, then our 10 year roommate reunion should be coming up soon right? :)