Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dan's New Job

This is Dan, if you couldn't tell by the correct use of capitalization (oooh, burn Suzanne!). I'm writing a quick note in response to a boatload of requests to know more about what I do at my new job.

As soon as I figure it out, I'll let you know.

See ya.









Okay, I know that's not going to fly. I work as an Associate Account Executive for a design firm called Larsen (larsen.com). The company does all sorts of design for businesses in the Silicon Valley, from internal docs and presentations, to marketing and branding for major events. We cover it all, basically.

My job is to manage client relations and keep projects on budget and on time. I fill out estimates and proposals for new projects, work with the client to resolve issues and make sure the designers have what they need (time, resources, etc.) to get the job done right. They do some amazing work and the company has an impressive portfolio.

I like it. A lot. Not just because I feel like I have a job that matters, but also because the people I work with are amazing. They're smart and they take care of each other. The main office is in Minnesota, so this is just a small branch down in Palo Alto. It's only about a dozen people in our office, and it's just like a family. I'm exponentially more fulfilled and happy now, and Suzanne says it shows.

I'm also loving the ever-loving love out of California, though I never doubted I would. Also, when we told people we were moving to the Bay Area, at least 70 percent of them expressed dismay at the possibility we would either A.) die in an earthquake, or B.) turn gay. You will all be happy to know that neither has come to pass.

We are happy here and excited to see what the future holds in store. And I couldn't be happier that I'm stuck with two of the most interesting and hilarious and beautiful girls I know. I now return you to your regularly scheduled dose of CrazyZanAndNova.com*



*That sounds like a URL I should probably invest in before they turn famous.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds awesome!! We are so happy for your new job. It is so hard being stuck at a job that you don't like. . . we've been there! Keep the posts coming. . we are loving them!

Matt Gibb said...

Nobody deserves it more, Danny Hope.

Margaret said...

Thank you for the blog. I am also thankful you are happy at work. I have to be honest and say that CA is kind of far away but I am not complaining - we have been praying for this job for a long, long time and I am thankful our prayers have been answered. We know you will do awesome and we love you!

Cormorant said...

SO glad you are enjoying it so far!

Andersen said...

Great news. Hope the job continues to be what you like. Even though everyone will say CA is far from home and you are crazy for becoming a CA driver don't worry make CA your home and become a (safe) CA driver. Home isn't what your zip code is it is where your little family is... that is what I keep telling myself when it gets hard.