Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Fourth Annual Hope Christmas Video


It's that time of year once again. Take a break from all the wrapping (or, for those of you who haven't even bought presents yet, the anxiety of not wrapping) and enjoy the fourth installment of our Christmas tradition: The Hope Family Christmas Video 2011.

You may notice that the theme of this song seems to directly contradict the sentiments I expressed in a previous post. I think this was Suzanne's way to force me to apologize. Although this song was my idea. I prefer to say that I did this ironically. That's right, I just became the Christmas Hipster.

And yes, those atrocious Christmas sweaters made it in the video once again. Frankly, we'll probably keep using them until they fall off. Fear not, we'll wear shirts underneath.

I'm beginning to wonder why we don't do Christmas cards instead because this is way more work than sending out cards. After spending so long editing it and listening to the song of the year for the 627th time, we never even watch them again. Then again, I guess people normally don't go back over their old Christmas cards (Suzanne's mother probably just scoffed, "Well I do!")

For those of you who are new to the tradition, you can catch up on the previous installments at the following links:

Christmas Video 2010
Christmas Video 2009
Christmas Video 2008

18 comments:

Margaret said...

Awesome!! This has got to be one of the highlights of the season for me. So wonderful! I love you all!

mattyanddeidre said...

I was so excited to watch this. It was like a family activity of watching the Hope's Christmas video. Absolutely loved it, and yes, we love those sweaters, please continue to wear them!!

Brittany Collier said...

This is awesome! Thanks for sending me the link. I'll be watching you...

Olivia said...

Like I said before... you guys are hilarious. This is great. Merry Christmas to you too!!

Cormorant said...

Ok, this one is even better than before! How you do it is beyond me! :) I especially loved seeing Nova's budding acting career and watching her take after the talent of her parents.

I did, though, go back and enjoy videos from years past. The first one made me laugh so hard! I didn't remember Dan's "beard," nor did I recall the moment in the video where it looked like Nova might get shaking baby syndrome! SO funny! Love the tradition--keep it alive!

Heather said...

Oh we love you guys! It wouldn't be Christmas without the Hope Christmas video. The only problem is that it made us miss you guys like crazy. Wish we could see you at Christmas, but enjoy your Christmas on the beach. It looks pretty nice to me!

James and Melony said...

Awesome :) As always!

Paige Telford said...

it is very fun to see nova take on more "speaking" parts this year! they grow up way too fast. merry christmas!

Heather Hall said...

Oh Hope family of creative awesomeness and fantastical talent: Holy cow! That was so completely amazing (as usual)! Love your guts an infinity trips to Disneyland! haywer
PS: Please watch out for talent scouts; California can't have you forever. And Dan, sending actual Christmas cards is more time-consuming than you think and is certainly not as much fun.

Amber said...

We have been looking forward to your Christmas video for weeks now! So fun to see what talent you all have!! I don't think my kids would EVER do anything like this :) This is WAY better than a Christmas card! Love you guys

Carmel said...

You guys have just made my day!!! I had to start at the beginning and watch all 4...well worth the time...I chuckled ALL the way through:-D You didn't disappoint with your latest edition and you have set a high standard for yourselves!!

It was fun to watch Nova grow up right before our eyes. (She doesn't stand a chance of NOT being a ham with you two as her parents.)

Have a Merry Christmas...We love and miss you!!!

The James Gang

PS I know what we'll be doing for FHE tonight;-)

Meg said...

Perfect song!!! Crackin me up!!! The season can officially begin now the Hope's Holly's Has Had its Histarical and Hilarious Happening. Harmoniously...8 tHumps up from the BlancHard House Hold!!! HaHaHaHaHaHHHHHaHaHa...
LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU!!!

nathalia said...

Yet again, one of the highlights of my holiday season. Thank you HOPES!

the ginabean said...

Oh dear, not sure how it took me so long to finally see this! LOVE IT! Nova singing is probably my favorite part (you can't be upset about that; she's so expressive and darling!)

Watching your Christmas videos is among my favorite things to do at Christmas. Thanks for putting in all the work! Love it!

Haeli said...

SUZANNE!!!! I miss you SO much!!! This has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen and it makes me want to cry I miss you so much!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Andersen said...

Love it. We actually got a little bit of snow this year for Christmas... crazy.

donna said...

Okay, I finally watched this. SO CUTE!!!! Nova is a total ham! Walking on the beach barefoot is different than a Idaho winter huh? Thanks for the invite!
We love you!! Alan & Donna

Mike Harding said...

Nice video - love the sweaters and the dress! Happy New Year!