Friday, March 19, 2021

Zel's Birth Story

 Since all my other children have their birth story on the blog, I will try to keep it consistent. That way if I ever print this, they will all be together. Ha!

First, Zel, we are SO glad you are here. I thought you would come early--by about 2 weeks because I was getting contractions. I thought then you would come 5 days early because I got my membranes stripped and that kicked all your siblings into gear. Nope. 

You wanted to come when you wanted, and apparently you are very punctual. Which I appreciate but is very unlike your mom. :)

Grandma came on the Monday I went to the doctor to have my membranes striped. We basically just hung around all week waiting. It was a bit painful. We did a lot of walks, organizing and finally on Thursday, we met at Melanie's house and at Panera to give me something to look forward to. 

Friday, the 5th around lunchtime I started having some pretty decent contractions 3-4 minutes apart. I assumed that they would intensify and we could head to the hospital around 7 or so. I made pizza, went for a walk, and kept track of them. Then around 7, they stopped. Completely. Dan and I went for a walk, but nothing. Everyone finished watching Might Ducks for family movie night and I laid in my bed wondering if I would in fact be pregnant forever. 

The next morning around 6:30 I started up with strong contractions. 7 minutes later, another. So at 7, I told Dan, I was pretty sure this was it, and lets plan on having a before the day was done. Dan went to go get in the shower, but after a pretty good contraction, I asked if I could go first. 

I showered and came downstairs to read my scriptures and by the time Dan came down to eat breakfast, They were about 5 min apart and getting stronger. I said, "When you are done, lets go." I was uncertain what the previous day had done and we were about 30 minutes from the hospital and I didn't want to rush anything. 

So we took some pictures and left.

The day was clear and blue skies and driving towards the mountains was beautiful. 

This is something I wrote about a month before we met you.

Clancy, you are a gift. To feel you move and grow is a miracle and I cannot wait to be reunited with you. I know for certain you are meant to be in our family and that you have patiently waited and prodded us to keep having faith for our physical reunion. 

The other night I couldn't sleep--a common thing recently--I am currently typing this after midnight. And I just cried and cried as I felt how excited and grateful you are to finally be on yoru way. I felt bonded to you and connected to your soul.

It is such a strange thing to know that I know you, to feel you just under my skin but still miss you and have an ache for you while simultaneously terrified that I won't be up to the task of caring for you belly out.

I feel like your delivery will be a relief, a joy, and. fulfilled promise from God. We didn't think you would come, but we hpped you would. We have known for years we have another little girl.

And it's you.

Again, you are a gift. A miracle. I can't wait and often think of when we can be earthside together. Because I know we loved each other before.

Thank you for coming.

I pray your body will be perfect and you will get her safely. You are already adored and we are anxiously waiting.

Love 
Mom

This pregnancy has been pretty good. I have never been as healthy going into a pregnancy as this one. I lifted weights, ran, and worked out every day but 2 of my entire pregnancy. I felt really sick the first trimester and very tired. But we also moved out of state, bought a house and home schooled in a pandemic during it, so that could attribute to my feelings too.

I didn't have many cravings, although one night I HAD to have chips, so your Dad walked to the gas station on Cabrillo Ave and brought be back sour cream and cheddar chips that were the best thing I had eaten. Pregnancy is strange. Ha!

You were due Feb 6th. My OBGYN was Dr. Alexis Balstad. 

No comments: