Sunday, October 12, 2008

do you want some water with that?

so like many of you we woke up to a winter wonderland and frosty the snowman dancing outside our window this morning and all i had to say was, "what the october?" don't get me wrong, there is a time within the 12 month period that i go crazy for snow.......just not when i am amid my october/fall loving fest and frenzy. why jack frost must you ruin the moment? blast! anyway, despite the frustration of an early snow storm, you just can't help the little 5 year old that wants to burst out of your body and dance with the flaky, fluffy, snowy jitters and make snow men. no matter when the first snow is and no matter how much you hate it, and even if you refuse to admit it, it does something to you psychologically and it makes you kind of happy---even if it is a fleeting moment.......maybe i'll write a book about it and become famous......

anyway......so i had some hot cocoa tonight and i decided that i put more hot chocolate mix in the mug than there is actual water.......hmmmmmm.......maybe that sounds sick and high caloric to you (whatever that means) but i think its delicious. plus who doesn't want to chew their hot chocolate? hahaha....i joke i joke.....but really i feel that hot cocoa needs to be super duper chocolate-y and not merely brown water......which is why one box of hot cocoa lasts me about 4 servings.......plus then you get more marshmellowy goodness in your cup! yum! why am i blogging about brown liquid you slurp from a mug? i have no idea......lets move on.

in other news, our apartment flooded slightly, my mom came for a visit and my cousin taught me how to can applesauce. 28 quarts baby! we were up to our ankles and elbows in apples and applesauce and apple-seeds and apple dumplings......ok, not really but we were a sticky mess when we were all done, but it was so rewarding and full-filling to do, and man will it ever look good in my pantry.....

and thats about it. nothing more and nothing less. now you see why i haven't blogged in a while. you wear pots on your head for dinner one night and everything after that is pretty boring! but to spice up the post here is a picture or two....

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I'll have to pay attention and see if I recognize a hidden excitement when I see snow but I'm kind of doubting I will. I do love thick hot chocolate though (which it didn't occur to me to make). I do love the pictures of Nova and I loved the visit.

Jackie B. said...

Zan, i am a friend of Jana's. Nova is adorable! I have a GREAT HOMEMADE Hot Chocolate mix that makes a TON! I bet it would last you all winter! We put it in a 5 gallon bucket to make/store it! if you want the recipe let me know. I can get it to your mom-in-law, i am now in her ward. :)
http://brown-spot.blogspot.com/

the ginabean said...

She's so dang cute I could just die.