Wednesday, March 4, 2009

dr. suess and confessions

happy birthday to dr. suess

it's its been a long time since i blogged,
we've done much, including jogged.
and to honor dr. suess's day of birth,
we had a party....what on earth?
we wore great hats, except for our child,
she didn't like hers....she tore it up wild.
we ate green eggs and ham...and toast.
it was great fun, not to boast.
we are indeed glad for days like these,
and we will repeat next year if you please.

so despite the weird poem, we have had a busy few days. monday was dr. suess's birthday and we had a sort of party.....dan got home late from work and nova was practically in bed. but at least it was attempted right? i tried to make a sweet cookie stack dr. suess hat with red and white frosting.....it looked bad....but it still tasted pretty good! here are a few pics we took...seriously i took like 9 pictures of nova trying to get a her 'hat on.' she was NOT impressed and after 9 failed pictures the destroyed hat went in the trash......and of course dan was a good sport with his super sweet paper sack hat......and yes we look a little possessed in this picture.



















yesterday nova and i ran errands and spent the afternoon outside.....she LOVED it.






































and i have a confession......i do not want to make it, but, i must. i am ashamed.......AND embarrassed and i hope you don't think less of me. but i watched the bachelor......ugh. i can't believe i just admitted that to friends and family. i know its a dumb show and its addicting, and to shorten my spiel.......BLAH! i am disgusted with what happened and even more disgusted at myself for allowing myself to be sucked in to the stupid-ness and drama of it all......WHAT THE CRAP!!!!! that is all i had to say at the end. after the conclusion, i sighed and told dan as he was NOT interested in what i was watching that i really thought the couple was cute, and that they were going to be really happy together, only to find out 10 minutes later that it was all for naught and he dumped her on national television.......again.....WHAT THE CRAP??!?!?!?! and THEN 10 minutes later after the once proclaimed 'love of his life' was dumped and carted off in a limo he started oogling over the girl he dumped 6 weeks earlier.......again...WHAT THE CRAP??!?!?!? i will never name a child jason. he has forever destroyed the name.....not that i really liked it to begin with, but you know......and i am mad at the message the media sends to everyone about love. thats why so many people give up. thats what you get for watching stupid television........

7 comments:

Heather said...

You're not the only one that has gotten sucked into the Bachelor. We have watched the last few seasons. . . mainly to just laugh at how ridiculous the show is. We didn't really watch this season. But, we did end up watching the final this week and I felt the same as you even though I hadn't watched the whole season. But you just have to remember that Grandpa Gordon watches it, so we can't be that bad, right?! :)

Cormorant said...

Okay, you HAVE to read my post yesterday. It's about exactly that: the Bachelor, and how lame it is. Anyway, you expressed my sentiments exactly. Totally lame.

Potter Family said...

lol you are hilarious, love the birthday party. Bachelor was interesting, you said it well.

mattyanddeidre said...

Okay, so Matty and I watched the Bachelor too and we are still having issues with it. For the last two days we just can't stop talking about it and about how we felt so deceived by Jason. Uugh, I totally hate that name too now. His reasoning to Melissa, "I can't control my heart and how I feel" is total BS! That is how adulterers think. Uugh, it makes me sick. Oh, and then his whole sad and crying act he put on after he dumped her? So fake, I can't even handle it. I'm sorry, I just went off. As you can tell I have unresolved issues with that show, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was sucked into it. I haven't admitted it to anyone yet. It's our little secret!

Margaret said...

Loved the Dr. Suess hats - Nova looked cute even though she didn't leave hers on. Love that her tongue comes out every time she smiles! Liked your poem too. Forgot all about the Bachelor being the finale but was more upset that I couldn't get the VCR to tape The Biggest Loser last night.

the ginabean said...

See? You're SO clever!

I heart Dr. Seuss oh so much. I loved your poem.

And somehow Nova just gets cuter!

Wendy and Spencer said...

Cute sweater on Nova! I love your Dr Seuss hats!