Thursday, August 21, 2008

24

so i am a little embarrassed to admit what i have done for the past week. my reasons for not blogging are not strictly due to nova and my frequent naps, diaper changes and feedings. no, no my friends, i have become caught up, obsessed, and sucked into a television series. captivated really---its a little sick. let me explain.

our landlords brought down the first season of 24 for me to watch. i had heard it was pretty good, so i watched an episode thinking that it would be decent and would give me something to watch while i fed nova. little did i know what i was getting into. i became hooked. i watched yet another and then another. dan realized that i was in a 24 frenzy and wanted to jump on the boat----the couch actually, we don't really watch tv in a boat---its just an expression......anyway, he also became caught up in the mania---a jack bower bonanza you could say. but he came up with this idea we should watch it together. which is great, but i had to wait all day till he came home to watch it. this was a struggle---plus i had to re-watch the episodes that i already had seen. well, i could blog for 24 hours about the first season of 24, but all i will say is this. what is up with the end? dan and i finished it and i have been beside myself ever since. nova was asleep and we stayed up to finish it----i lost 2 1/2 hours of precious sleep to finish it to only be so worked up by the end that i couldn't sleep anyway! AHHHHH!!!!

ok, so i feel a little better, and i really would blog about something else, but 24 really has taken up my free time lately as pathetic as that is. in other news, i went running for the first time since the baby--instead of ranting and raving about that experience i will sum it up in 3 words: pain and suffering. ok, get real, like i know how to be brief when i blog. the run felt awesome for the first 10 steps. after that, i seriously considered stopping to use a pay phone to call an ambulance to come pick me up. the only problem with that plan is that i didn't have enough wind to speak into the phone. the other problem was that they don't have pay phones on country roads.....go figure. my second plan was to throw myself in front of oncoming traffic to put myself out of my misery, but i have a child to feed. seeing that plan A and plan B wouldn't work out i had no choice but to finish my run. it was really embarrassing though when our 85 year old neighbor melba passed me while she was walking her dog. ok, so i really wasn't going that slow, but it sure was the longest 20 minutes of my life....especially since i knew i could be home watching 24.......yeah i know, i'm pathetic.

alright, enough rambling already---here are some recent pics of the nova-nater. nova chill'n on the couch
nova liked watching 24 too.......just kidding, we were playing musical chairs---j/k again.....


dan sporting the 'euro-rider'---very sexy......he insisted on wearing it when we went for a walk the other day. it was hilarious! (don't ask me why he is pulling that face.....maybe he has a gas bubble.....)
nova looking ADORABLE!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Don't worry, we got sucked into the 24 frenzy too! But the problem is that they never end! NOva is really looking bigger. . . we can't wait to see her!

The King's said...

No worries we really like 24 as well but it is true they always leave you with a cliff hanger. Very ambitious to go on a run, I am impressed even if it didn't go so well.
I love the pics of Nova, what a sweetheart!

Margaret said...

Oh my gosh! She is so cute!!

the ginabean said...

She really is a beautiful baby! -I understand getting caught up in TV shows...I haven't done the 24 thing yet, but most of my friends LOVE the show, and so I'm sure I'd like it too. Anyway, I get caught up in some of the "lesser important/intense" shows, if you will; the office, 3rd rock from the sun, House, and Seinfeld. You can't stop after just one. (Isn't that like a Lays potato chip commercial? Oh well, it applies here as well.)

Oh yeah, and WAY TO GO, just for having the gumption to try running. I hate that sport myself. (If I was there with you, you'd feel much better about yourself--plus, you have a good excuse for not running like the wind...a good excuse called Nova. Me? I'm just outta shape and get winded at the THOUGHT of running.)

mattyanddeidre said...

Oh my gosh, we are so alike these days. I haven't gotten into 24, but I recently became obsessed with Lost. I have also heard I should watch 24, but that will have to be put off until I am over Lost, but I will watch it like 4 hours a day, you're not the only pathetic one. Good for you for going out for a run, you are so good. It's been 8 months and I still haven't done anything. Hey can I get your e-mail? here is mine: deidregibb@yahoo.com