Sunday, September 21, 2008

i fall for fall

fall is my most favorite time of year. i absolutely love it. not only does the earth celebrate the season in my favorite color, but it feels good, and it smells good. dan doesn't understand when i try to explain it to him, but everything seems more crisp. the other day i parked clear at the other end of the wal-mart parking lot just so i could walk outside longer. yummy!

i contemplated my love for the season as i drove home from our annual hall women retreat this weekend at bear lake. i drove home by myself through logan canyon and its a miracle i didn't die because i was looking out the window at all the colors. the lime, forest, emerald and vibrant green leaves that have been drizzled in a buttery gold, and trees and ridges that have burst into colorful flames of orange, red and yellow. and there are other places where it looks like someone has dumped their paints down the mountain as the color spills down the hill. Heavenly Father really did a good job creating this world. its beautiful. almost just as satisfying as the colors on the trees is when the color falls off. then there are leaves EVERYWHERE. i love them most in a pile to run and jump in and on the road to drive through. there is nothing more peaceful to me than driving through leaves and watching them swirl and spin around with the wind from the car. sigh......i just love it. i wish i could keep fall in a bottle and just feel it when i feel sad.


anyway, we had a retreat like i mentioned earlier and it was REALLY fun. i love my family so much and love laughing and spending time with them. it helps me remember where i come from and that i need to try to be better. we had to take a white elephant gift that describes us....so i took a picture in mine before i took it.....the reason for the gift: i love orange, i love to dress up and i love being a little crazy. as for pictures of the actual retreat, i don't have because my camera died......but hopefully i can snag some from someone and post them later.














the gift that i received was nearly as good. i can't take a picture of it i will just have to show you in my blog tommorrow......its gonna be good.....

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Sure do love you in your orange outfit! When you blog tomorrow stick in a picture of Nova. I can't get too many pictures of these 2 granddaughters who are a bit farther away. I miss you all.

The King's said...

I love the fall also, so I can totally relate to your obsession. Chad thinks I am crazy when we will go for a walk and I will purposefully walk out of my way just to walk through a pile of leaves. I love the way it feels outside also.
I am very excited to see this present of yours!

Jake and LaNae Yates said...

How are you doing? Congrates on the baby! How is being a mom? I actually had my second daughter on July 1. Your daughter is beautiful! Take care!