Thursday, September 18, 2008

my life is complete......

has it really been almost a month since i last posted? sheesh! my excuse you may ask?....i don't really have one except i have been slightly busy. it all started with a our busy labor day. we had a stay-cation. a what you say? a stay-cation. not a vacation, but a stay-cation. we did not vacate our house, we stayed. we had a pretend camp out. we laid out our sleeping bags on the floor, roasted hot dogs and marshmellows over our stove and hung stars from the ceiling. ahhhh.....sweet relaxation.......and we didn't even have to drive to get there. and that is how you camp with a 2 month old.

then we blessed our little nova the first sunday in september. dan's mom made her dress--its a little big, but dan's mom did an amazing job. it was really beautiful.



















then we traveled to idaho for my lil sis's wedding.....AND forgot our camera for the event......that does it, i am not a blogger.....or a photographer for that matter, but we did take a picture after the wedding with nova wearing dan's tie. (she looked cuter in her new dress, but i will post a picture of that when i get a copy of one.)




















so a stay-cation, a baby blessing and a wedding are all pretty major right? well, yes, but really there is something even grander.....something even bigger if you can fathom. my summer was completed this past weekend. i was able to partake of a tigers blood snow cone. i haven't had a snow cone this ENTIRE SUMMER and i LOVE them nearly as much as penny loves a wishing well as much as peanut loves butter......ok, bad analogy, but true none-the-less. basically i am trying to articulate my true and complete LOVE for snow cones. for some odd reason north ogden does not have a snow shack--apparently people haven't really lived around here......at least i could never find one in the 5 times i deliberately set out to find one. through all of my cravings and intense need to eat one this entire summer, i was never able to quench my thirst. not that i am a vampire or anything, but i could probably live off of tigers blood snow cones. --insert slurping sound here----its like little pieces of heaven sent through an ice machine and then drenched in the juices of deliciousness and at least three kinds of awesome.......ya, its that good. yummy!

anyway, this summer i have come so close to a snow cone that it nearly pains me to even talk about it. a few weeks ago i went to a grocery store and found one outside. using my insane ability of self control i decided i would get one on my way out. HOWEVER, by the time i came out it was CLOSED......it was 3 in the afternoon! it was 95 degrees outside? what the, what the? tears stung my eyes and i felt like this times 186:



needless to say, i was not a happy camper that day.....ask dan.

but alas, in all the places, on sept 12, i found my beloved cone of snow in idaho at the chuck-a-rama at my lil sisters wedding.......and all i have to say is, thank you natalie for getting married, thank you dustins parents for planning the luncheon at the chuck, and thank you chuck and your rama for producing all you can eat tigers blood snow cones. again, since i didn't have my camera to document the glorious and sublime reunion of me and my long lost friend tiger, and his blood, i found a picture that depicts my feelings......minus the curlers of course.....



ahhh..........delicious-ness and three kinds of awesome gone and digested, but oh so delectable. life is good and i am signing off to dream of clouds of snow and ice drenched in flavor........

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Yes!!! Some pictures! I wish you had my camera. I have darling pictures of you and Nova in her "wedding" dress. I didn't know until the blog that you had a snow cone at the luncheon. Wish you had my family picture from Nova's blessing day. It would bring a smile to all. I love you all.

mattyanddeidre said...

YAY! You are back to blogging, I've missed you! It is good to see cute Nova pictures. She really is a babe! I can't wait for more!

the ginabean said...

I've missed you. And your blogging...

Matt Gibb said...

One thing I learned living in the UV, you can always count on Chuck-A-Rama.