Thursday, July 10, 2008

the dinnerware perspective

i haven't blogged in a while mostly because i am "L" to the "azy." that means lazy in case you struggled there. plus nothing extremely blog worthy has come up in the last few days----of course with the exception of saving a small child from a flaming building that nearly collapsed, almost being eaten alive by the ducks in our backyard and solving world hunger. but ya, besides that, nothing blog worthy at all.

seriously though, since the sunday wog i have gone on several walks and have completed a distance of a 1/2 marathon since last friday. which if you count the extra person i am toting about, that would be a FULL marathon. sweet nectar! someone send me a free t-shirt please! sheesh! but despite the great battle won as far as mileage is concerned, what we really are concerned about here is with centimeters. 10 centimeters to be precise, and the closer we are to 10 the better. needless to say, the marathon wasn't quite as productive as we would have hoped for. according to the doctor, we are exactly where we were a week ago. 90% effaced and dilated to a 1. now, don't feel bad for me, i handled the news quite well. i realize there is an end in sight and i am not terribly disappointed. my husband is a different story. this picture describes perfectly how dan reacted to the news. (you would think that he is the one carrying the baby!)

Full-on temper tantrum cry session

i, on the other hand felt more like doing this:

Tantrum

but despite suzanne's slight disappointment and dan's utter and complete dismay and devastation, i have decided to take the "dinnerware perspective." is the glass half empty or half full? whats another week really? merely 7 days and 7 nights. 168 hours. 10080 minutes. 604800 seconds. its just another exciting countdown right? 604799, 604798, 604797, 604796....

6 comments:

Andersen said...

Just look at it this way one more week (could be less) of your own body that you don't have to share, enough time to shower, you get pampered soon you will be putting on the pampers, you can sleep for more then 3 hours at night. I know the excitement of just wanting them to come but they are so much easier in then out... but so worth every screaming, sleepless, really ouchy body, and sticky moment.

McKenzie said...

Sweet Nectar Sue! I'm glad you used that phrase! It let me know how you are truly feeling... ;) Keep hanging in there! She WILL come out sooner or later! And keep marathoning, because soon you won't want to and won't have the energy!

The King's said...

You are such a cutie!!! I just love reading your blogs they are so much fun. I remember how the last few days before the baby came felt like forever! I thought that he would never come. It will all be over soon I promise, good luck with the delivery!

Heather said...

Suzanne, I have some advice for you. Eat some spicy Mexican food. I had heard that it was one of those weird things that get contractions going. I didn't really believe it. But, the day before I had Harlee, I went out to lunch with my mom to Gringo's and had lots and lots of salsa. I don't know if it did the trick, but I started having contractions that night!

McKenzie said...

Happy Birthday Sue! Heard that you were feeling sick and that can be a good sign! Sorry that you are feeling sick, but I hope you feel better and have a wonderful birthday!

the ginabean said...

Once again, you slay me!